1. Backpack: Okay, duh. Of course a backpack is an essential for school, but how important is a good backpack? The North Face and Patagonia redesigned their already killer backpacks for 2016. The Patagonia Chacabuco and The North Face Borealis are personal favorites of the Nat’s Crew. TNF offers a 28L backpack with plush shoulder straps and an ergonomic design to make even the heaviest loads feel like feathers. Likewise, Patagonia made this do-it-all pack with the student in mind. There is a ton of organizational space for all of your snacks- uh, we mean books.
2. Rain Jacket: Umbrellas suck. Sorry, but they do. Instead, look for a bomber rain shell. Nobody wants to put a soaking wet umbrella in their backpack. You can shake the water off of your jacket and stow it away with no problem. This fall, look for the best rain gear from Arc’teryx, The North Face, and Patagonia. We specialize in keeping you high and dry.
3. Goal Zero Venture 30: What is a Venture 30 and why do I need one? Good question. It’s your supercharged, weatherproof, power packed best friend. Goal Zero made this recharger like no other. It works with Apple, Android, and Windows devices. It features a built in micro USB, and two USB ports. The best part is that it’s weatherproof. You’re protected from the beach to the dorm with an IPx6 weatherproof rating. Keep your life fully charged with the Venture 30.
4. Goal Zero Rockout 2 Wireless: If you’re like us, you can’t go anywhere without music. The Rock Out 2 is a Bluetooth speaker ready for any adventure (or the usual walk to class). It’s rugged build and zipper compartment keeps your phone safe and your music banging. With a 10-hour battery life, it's good to go all day. Plus, you can recharge it with your new Venture 30.
5. Chaco Sandals: Just because summer is over doesn’t mean the ridiculously hot weather is over. You need a shoe that keeps you cool and comfortable as you hike to class. It’s been four years since Nat’s Manager, Mike Bunch, has taken off his Chacos. Seriously, they’re great shoes. If you’re looking for a pair you can go anywhere in (including dorm showers) and wear anything with, check out a pair of Chacos.